The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....well not that much of a dink, lol!

Well I knew it was gonna be a good one. I had deer all over right at first light. They stayed in an area about 100 yards out in front of me. They were chasing around so hard it was tough to even tell what was what. Well after a near an hour of this torture they finally made it over my way. There were 5 different bucks and one obviously hot doe. Four of the bucks were little smaller 8s/6s. Well all the sudden I hear some crashing down over the bank of the little feeder stream I'm hunting near. I look over and just see the very top of his rack coming down the crick towards me, he had his nose so far up that doe's butt that he was oblivious to everything else. He hit the one opening I had and I took the shot. Was 35 yards, knew it from ranging some trees. At the shot he simply jumped about 6 feet and just stood there. A few seconds later he fell over, lol! Got to love these Magnus Stingers, never even knew he was shot. Arrow hit right across the top of the heart. It took me a good 15 mins to stop shaking enough to even climb down, lol! I knew he was big but not this big, no ground shrinkage at all, actually just the opposite. I'm pretty sure I passed him a couple weeks back, if not had to be related. He was at 44 yards the and it was really windy so I passed on him. I think that really paid off in the end.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Davy -- I've seen that elsewhere. Do you post on AT? What an absolute beauty. Did you know of him prior to the season? Did you get it scored?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep I'm on AT
And actually no I never knew he existed, just picked a killer pinch point to hunt and was there when he came by chasing that doe. On the property I got him on we never even get a single picture of a buck most of the year but the property is just loaded with resident does. We tend to leave them alone until rifle season so the are around for the rut
Of course every buck in the adjacent area start to show up the end of October.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Tremendous buck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts