The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought Id post up a couple pics of before and after the mods. Put on a 3.5 Rough country lift, ended up putting the next size blocks on the rear,as I didnt like the way it was sitting. Added 285/51/r18 tires (biggest that would fit on stock rims). Some after market chrome covers for the door handles and mirrors, stainless steel nerf bars. And last but not least picked up a Diablo Sport Intune to help out with the gas milage, it was getting 14-14.5mpg highway, now its up around 16.-16.5mpg.

Before

After

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good ole boy said:
Looks great.I notice the extra lift you put in the rear.Did you already have the lift on the front on the first pic?
No, its bone stock in the first pick.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5.3, 3.42 axle.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its on its way to Utah right now, girlfriends is driving it out there and then Im flying out in the beginning of April to drive back. Im little nervous, when I got home you could see in the snow as she was backing it out, she came within a few inches of hitting her car

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ghost , if you did'nt already , recheck your gas mileage with the cap on the bed. My 2011 5.3 with a hard tonneau cover gets about 20 mpg highway.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Ghost said:
5.3, 3.42 axle.
That's a good combo, does it have limited slip?
How much did the tune help in the power dept.? Not that it needed it!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Ghost said:
Its on its way to Utah right now, girlfriends is driving it out there and then Im flying out in the beginning of April to drive back. Im little nervous, when I got home you could see in the snow as she was backing it out, she came within a few inches of hitting her car
I,m impressed you sly dog.
I seen you posted GIRLFRIENDS are on this trip.
How do you get them all to get along?
Wait at minute!That,s right!Their goin to UTAH!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good ole boy said:
Ghost said:
I,m impressed you sly dog.
I seen you posted GIRLFRIENDS are on this trip.
How do you get them all to get along?
Wait at minute!That,s right!Their goin to UTAH!
To Funny!!!!

Yep it has the limited slip rear, I wouldnt buy a truck without it. I bought it a Sutliff in Harrisburg, if you are looking for a truck thats a great place to shop, they were almost 2Gs less than everyone else.

Im sure the cap is sucking at 1-2 mpg out of the truck, Id like to find one that fit the cabs profile in the same color, but I paid 400 bucks to have that painted to match the truck, hate to have to shell out that kind of money to have another one repainted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts