The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure what to expect going into rifle season this year. Well opening morning got to my stand about 20 minutes before shooting hours. 7:10 shot goes off. I knew it had to either be my dad or uncle that shot. Ended up being my uncle who shot a nice 7 point. Well my uncle decided to then do a little push at around 9 30 through some pines off to my right. I'm sitting scanning the field and pines in front of me when I see a deer jogging. I immediately see antlers. I bring my gun up so I can count the points. It was at about 150 yards and I counted 3 on one side. It got behind some pines and I lost sight of it. I saw it again and I made a mouth bleat and it stops broadside. I let the model 70 featherweight .270 fly. 325 yard shot. The buck ran 25 yards and went down! Shot in 2e. 4 point. 3 on one side 1 on the other. 15 inch spread. On the first Saturday my uncle cousin and I all shot does and my dad got a nice sized button buck on the second Monday. We had a good year!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nice going! hey, we are taking some hounds to Scotia GL this morning and could use another gun of you're up for it. Hoping to be there most of the day. I won't be far from the road....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the invite Andy. I would have loved to have gone unfortunately I had to attend my sisters graduation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts