The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yellow female pup that is 10 months old and is out of a breeding with my male (Red) and she is following right in her daddy's foot steps. She wants to retrieve everything and anything and is very happy doing it. She has been wanting to go hunting with me and the big dogs all season and I felt bad everytime I walked out the door and let her sitting there looking so sad. I have been working with her for months and she has been coming along very good. At 5 months I brought home a limit of geese and threw them on the ground behind the truck. My wife let her out and she ran down to the geese. I told my 2 older dogs to fetch them up and they would carry them up on the porch where I cleaned them. To my suprise I looked up to see her coming behind the 2 other dogs with a goose in her mouth. I didn't have her FF yet as it was all natural instincts. I figured with it being the last day and just my daughter and I going that I would take her out on her first goose hunt. She got to retrieve 2 geese and she did great. That made the whole day worth while. Sorry so winded, but I'm very proud of her. Here are a couple pics of her on the hunt. I hope you enjoy.

Heres another photo I thought you guys would enjoy of Ruby & Red. This is xmas day and we were opening presents and the geese flew down river past my house. They heard them and just had to take a look.

Thanks for looking guys!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tim are you still training in the evening? if so where at and what time?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beavman said:
Good post Barry. If she turns out to be anything like her beast of a dad, she'll be great!
Nate its about time you get that little girl of yours a good gun dog isn't it?

Thanks Kwright! I'm sure you will be seeing alot more pics of her in the future, but she has alot of training to go.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Jason! You are so right about the hunt isn't a hunt without them. If its possible when I get her certifacation on her I would like to use Marley as her stud. I think he's a great looking and working dog. Thats exactly what I will be looking for in her stud. Thats why I was asking questions about him a while back. She will have to be atleast 2 yrs old for her certifacations. Have you had his hips,eyes, EIC & CNM done on him ?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Barry,
Congrats on a beautiful talented pup.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
looks like a great hunting buddy.. i have a yellow male that i took to Tim the other day. I will be going up his way frequently on his training days!

·
Registered
695 Posts
That pic of your dog shows pure bliss.
She looks just like my late Pretzel and reminded me of just how much I miss her

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe it will soon be time to get a new pup and start enjoying the great times with a hunting buddy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts