The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post on here awhile back about aligning your broadheads with your vanes.
Is this necessary and does it help with the flight of the bolt?
If so,what is the best way to do it?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I've tried it. I can't say that I've noticed any difference. To me personally, it's more important to spin test the broadhead and the shaft to make sure it's running true. A broadhead that wobbles will fly erratic.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
arrowhead said:
To me personally, it's more important to spin test the broadhead and the shaft to make sure it's running true. A broadhead that wobbles will fly erratic.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I never could get a muzzy to fly right no matter how I lined up my fletchings.......they always would plane on me. Even when the spin test seemed fine

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No,I was just curious on the alignment question.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I shoot muzzy's on my compound and crossbow and have never had problems on either.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I never had any good groups with three blades, but when I switched over to four blades, tags got filled. The Muzzy MX-4's are great! I will probably shoot these until I test Slick Trix, but until then I have no need to shoot anything else

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Fly Guy said:
I never had any good groups with three blades, but when I switched over to four blades, tags got filled. The Muzzy MX-4's are great! I will probably shoot these until I test Slick Trix, but until then I have no need to shoot anything else
Have you ever tried WASP Boss 3 blade heads? The 100 grainers fly like darts out of my Excal Exocet 200.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
The Muzzy 3 blade broadheads fly great out of my Tenpoint
crossbow, never had a problem with them yet. I do line up
the fletchings with the blades whether it really makes a
difference or not I don't know it's just something I have
always done with my archery equipment.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I shot a doe and buck with 3 blade muzzys this year. the doe ran 60 yards and dropped, the buck didn't even go 20.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm a huge muzzy fan that is all I have ever shot out my compounds tried them from my cross tried different setting w/ fletching and I could not get them to shot....went to Aftershock mech. broadhead from my cross....Aftershock is made in PA..Clean pass thru and huge entry and exit hole in buck I got this year w/ cross
Still shot muzzy from compound though

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I have both Muzzy 100 3 blades, and Slick trick 4 blades and they shoot almost identical out of the Parker Tornado, with the Gold Tip Bolts "arrowhead" made for us. I do not match up fletch to blades or anything.

Only stuck two of the slicks thru deer this year and loved their result, both deer down within 20 yards and just a chest full of clot inside..but I have no reservations on powering a muzzy thru one next year....LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ACTUALLY

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey guys...my first post.

I used a xbow for the first time this year with no trouble but...should I expect to only get one use out of a broadhead?

I used the Rage 3 blades. Took 3 deer but each one demolished the broadhead.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I only ever use bheads once, I don't replace blades/heads etc....just a personal pref. However my after shock this year looked like new other than the blood

·
Registered
973 Posts
My son and i both shoot the muzzy 3blades with the compound and xbow, both got one with the crossbow less then 40yd piled up using the GT laser II from arrowhead

1 - 20 of 21 Posts