The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using as your muzzleloader/inline bullets? I currently use shockwaves in my T/C Omega, but was looking to see if maybe there was something better out there.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Barnes Expanders out of my Encore 50 (original version)
Very accurate out to 200 yds. ( maybe longer, but I have not shot it out to anything longer than 200 yds)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm pretty new to the inline game, but I have been using .45 caliber 250 grain Hornady xtp bullets with sabots out of my traditions G4 ultralight. I have not experimented with other bullets yet, but have been happy with the xtp so far. Out of the flintlock I shoot hornady pa conicals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, 240-300gr XTPs seem to perform better than Shockwaves for us. This year I am trying-out the 265gr Hornady Interlocks, inside a Harvester Crush Rib sabot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What are you guys using as your muzzleloader/inline bullets? I currently use shockwaves in my T/C Omega, but was looking to see if maybe there was something better out there.
Not hard on our wallets, so most-anything made by Hornady...
XTPs
Monoflex
FTX
Interlocks
SSTs

They are all good muzzleloader bullets.

·
Registered
18,195 Posts
.50 caliber CVA Optima inline with two pyrodex pellets and 295 grain copper clad powerbelt drives tacks at 100 yards.

Reactions: dv8pnt

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
250gr Barnes TEZ ,but I have some Knight Bloodsport 250gr to try. They use a Lehigh Defense bullet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
TC ProHunter 209x50. With an RCBS 45-405 cast bullet, MMP Orange Sabot and Blackhorn 209 powder. Harvested every deer that I shot at.

I use the same bullet and Sabot in my flintlock over a load of 3f.

·
Registered
18,195 Posts
Is the 395gr something new? I only know of 295 grain - which I have in copper-clad HP.
:blush: uh-oh...typo

my fault, they are 295 grain :blush:

·
Registered
44 Posts
All great choices, but I am going to throw another one into the discussion. Precision Rifle Custom Muzzleloader Bullets "Dead Center" bullets are extremely accurate and deadly out of all of our inline muzzleloaders. They are all lead so they do mushroom and dump a lot of energy on impact while penetrating through hide and bone. They work well and I cannot think of a better bullet to use in any inline.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All great choices, but I am going to throw another one into the discussion. Precision Rifle Custom Muzzleloader Bullets "Dead Center" bullets are extremely accurate and deadly out of all of our inline muzzleloaders. They are all lead so they do mushroom and dump a lot of energy on impact while penetrating through hide and bone. They work well and I cannot think of a better bullet to use in any inline.
Precision's QT Polymer Tip bullet has a same history for mushrooming - much like the Dead Center.

Their website prbullet.com, has a nice 20% sale going on now and free shipping on orders $99 or more.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Check out the Scorpion PT golds with crush rib sabots by Harvester muzzleloading. I use 300 grain with blackhorn 209 and they are by far the most consistent/accurate out of my TC Impact. You can also buy "bulk" bullets from them, without the sabots, for $25 for 50 bullets.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Check out the Scorpion PT golds with crush rib sabots by Harvester muzzleloading. I use 300 grain with blackhorn 209 and they are by far the most consistent/accurate out of my TC Impact. You can also buy "bulk" bullets from them, without the sabots, for $25 for 50 bullets.
I'm a big fan of Harvester's bullets. Nothing hyper-marketed or flashy looking, just amazingly effective. My T/C Omega likes the 350 gr. Saber Tooth gas checked bullet from them. With Blackhorn 209, the accuracy is amazing, and nothing has survived a hit from it.

I also use the black Crush Rib sabot with my home cast 250 gr. handgun bullets. So much easier to load than the alternatives.

·
Registered
9,694 Posts
290 Powerbelts in my flinter. 270gr Federal Trophy Copper in my CVA Accura, pushed by two 50gr White Hots. Fantastic accuracy, and clean burning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts