The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going and whatcha takin?
I'm going to use my TC Firehawk, bead and aperture sights, with a Hornady 250 grain .45 caliber XTP in a Harvester crush rib sabot and 70 grains of 3f Swiss Holy black. Will light it with a Remington #11.
Hey Yogi!!!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I watched about 10 minutes of The Revanent and happened to catch the bear attack scene.

That proved to me that muzzle loaders do nothing but really tick a bear off and just make him want you to suffer more.

I won't be chasin' no bear with no muzzy and am really questioning the trusty ol' .308!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
How did Davy Crockett kill so my Bear with his muzzy? and I think that was a 40 cal?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I watched about 10 minutes of The Revanent and happened to catch the bear attack scene.

That proved to me that muzzle loaders do nothing but really tick a bear off and just make him want you to suffer more.

I won't be chasin' no bear with no muzzy and am really questioning the trusty ol' .308!
A fake movie scene proves to you that a muzzle loader will not work for bear. That is amazing.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

That was a movie. And the bear wasn't even a black bear. There is not a bear in PA that cannot be killed cleanly with a 50 cal patched round ball over 70 GR. of FFF black powder.

·
Registered
19,053 Posts
you mean my 12 gauge wont blow something off its feet and knock it backwards about 5 yards when i shoot it. they show that in the movies.

i will be using my 50 caliber inline, no worries here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ain't what ya hit em with, but where ya hit em with it...
Seems I've read of bears not dying when they're supposed to when hit with some of the shoulder artillery folk carry.
I'll be careful. Y'all be too.
Besides. It was Leonardo DeCapitated. He had it coming. Karma...
I felt sorry for the bear

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will be out with my inline, a Traditions Pursuit G4 Ultralight. My load has been a saboted 250 grain 45 caliber Hornady XTP bullet over 80 grains of Triple Seven powder, but I may play around with some other options prior to the season as well.

On a side note, I think the muzzleloader bear season is an excellent opportunity. Whether you are a traditional or inline user this season is a great chance to grow the sport of muzzleloading. Having the opportunity to hunt bear and does during the early muzzleloader season should provide great incentive for hunters to get out.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
How did Davy Crockett kill so my Bear with his muzzy? and I think that was a 40 cal?
Davy didn't kill bears with Old Betsy, he grinned them to death.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
You know...when I typed that I thought...you need to add a smiley face to the end or people are gonna think you are serious....

And then I thought....no...they are smart guys....they will know I am just kiddin'

Oh well......I been wrong before......

·
Registered
19,053 Posts
You know...when I typed that I thought...you need to add a smiley face to the end or people are gonna think you are serious....

And then I thought....no...they are smart guys....they will know I am just kiddin'

Oh well......I been wrong before......
:grin2:

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Well if I get it back soon from repairs, I'll use a T/C Impact, 90 grs. T7 2F powder under a 250gr. Barnes T-EZ bullet for the first 3 days then I'll take my Dads old customized 7mm Mauser because I'm old, retired and can.:grin2:
I'm old & retired too!! Plan on spending the whole week hunting....couple days ML then take the cf's out!! Hope there will be some blackies left for the Regular Bear Season!!:smile2:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts