The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year will be my first year participating in the flintlock season, as I just received a Lyman Deerstalker as a birthday present. My question is do I have to buy a muzzleloader license with my general license now or can I wait until right before muzzleloader season to see if I have killed my deer yet? Just want to make sure before I purchase my general hunting license this week. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
that a good ? i would call the license division at 717 -787-2084 for the answer it used to be you had to purcuse it by at certine date but i didnt see anything in the book to find out

·
Registered
374 Posts
hi,you can wait until flintlock season to buy your muzzleloading stamp as this is what my father in law has done for the last couple of years.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Yep. You can get it later.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Don't forget, you can use that flintlock during the early muzzy antlerless season in October too.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I always buy mine as soon as they come out for early Muzzy and Flint with Antlerless Licence. Heck its only 21 bucks!
Smage

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
You can also use the flintlock during the regular firearms season and you are not required to have a muzzleloader license then. But if you decide you want to hunt the early muzzleloader season in October, then you will want to have purchased the muzzleloader license.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only time you will have a problem is with bear. They stop selling bear tags to avoid poaching during deer season, then buying a tag after the fact to pull one over on them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You're going to like flintlocking after Xmas. I've come to look forward to it almost as much as the rifle season in Nov. No one hunts our farm/woods after Xmas. There's usually snow on the ground and if you want to dress period, you don't have to wear orange. However, I wouldn't recommend that on public land!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yup nice and quiet late season, hardly anyone around to run into, snow makes it nice if you're lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts