The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy texted me this picture of a smallmouth he caught on a creek in the harrisburg area. Wondered if anyone else has seen one like it??

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Could be a big rock bass??....not quite sure...but looks like a short fat smally to me haha..or could be preganent...this is about the spawning time of year for them.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
looks like a fine smallmouth bass. The sunfish-like shape is probably a combination of the angle of the fish and the eggs she likely is full of. I don't think there anything unusual about it.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
hdt said:
looks like a fine smallmouth bass. The sunfish-like shape is probably a combination of the angle of the fish and the eggs she likely is full of. I don't think there anything unusual about it.
Yea thats what i thought...probably a prego smally

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hdt said:
it's not the angle he said that it was defiantly a smally. he said it was short and abnormally wide. He said it defiantly wasn't a normal smally and we fish a lot for smallies from ny to md.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
quakbak said:
hdt said:
it's not the angle he said that it was defiantly a smally. he said it was short and abnormally wide. He said it defiantly wasn't a normal smally and we fish a lot for smallies from ny to md.
Not all fish are going to be the same exact shape..color...size..just..like humans.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Forget the smallie.....does yer buddy have lip stick on or what? Lol

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
Forget the smallie.....does yer buddy have lip stick on or what? Lol
Id say he has a big fat chew in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts