The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Setting Traps: <span style="font-size: 14pt">It is unlawful to</span> 1) stake or set traps prior to 7 a.m. on the first day; 2) set traps within five feet of a hole or den, except for underwater
sets; 3) use pole traps, jaw-toothed traps, deadfalls, poison, explosives, chemicals, or traps with a jaw-spread exceeding 6.5 inches; 4) set body-gripping
traps outside a watercourse, waterway, marsh, pond or dam;<span style="font-size: 14pt"> 5) set a trap not marked with a durable identification tag attached to either the trap or
chain showing the first and last name and address of the trapper, or a number issued by the Game Commission;</span> 6) set a trap with bait visible from the
air; 7) smoke or dig out a den or house or cut den trees; 8) disturb traps or remove any wildlife from the traps of another without specific permission;
and 9) on the closing day, traps must be removed by sunset.

A little research goes a long way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I keep several years of the old booklets with the regs in it. Just to see if anything changes and in the laws. Good idea to keep the old free reg books that are free when you get you license.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1) Get your regulations book out.
2) Open your regulations book.
3) Read your regulations book cover to cover.
4) Read it again so it sinks in.
5) Read it again because I still don't think you could get it.
6) If you still do not understand, sell your gear.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
ChrisNeffFCO said:
1) Get your regulations book out.
2) Open your regulations book.
3) Read your regulations book cover to cover.
4) Read it again so it sinks in.
5) Read it again because I still don't think you could get it.
6) If you still do not understand, sell your gear.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yup each trap will need a tag.

Don't most rat floats violate the "No visible bait from the air" rule? I've never used them, but every pic I've seen has bait sitting on top. I'm guessing you could cover it somehow.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I got one very similar to that. Maybe it's an invitation to dinner. HAHA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts