The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would ask about this because I've seen some discussion about the Potomac on this site. I have a friend in Romney WV whom I'm overdue to visit and would like to take him musky fishing. Does anyone know if the South Branch has musky? If not, where would be our best bet? How far upstream on the potomac can muskies be caught? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are tigers as far up the North Branch as Cumberland Md. There are pures from the Washington county Md line down into D.C. The pures are self sustaining and most of the expansion seems to be further downstream with just a small population above Washington county that doesn't seem to be as rapidly expanding as the downstream does. Truthfully not sure about the South Branch.

Best bet is still the waters of Washington county Md. Best times are fall and late spring. Offcourse the river levels and temps can play a big role in the exact when and where.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What launch would you recommend to use? Never been out on the Potomac and would like to fish for some musky, but I'm worried about the shallow water and rocks. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts