The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone is having the trouble i am finding schrooms this year didnt find 1 sheepshead and only a few papinkis i usually do well begining late sept i know its been dry untill last week but i am beginning to think im not gonna have anything to go with the meat this year ps luzerne ct area

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would try a different area. I found tons of grifola and I missed the papinkies by a few days as they were dried up when I went looking for them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah looked in 4 different areas that have been consistent for 30 years plus always found sheeps by the end of sept. and papinks also im in the dallas area of luzerne ct and was just wondering if anyone else is having a bad year.usually i start finding puffballs,redtops and chicken schrooms first and not even finding them, but if you found tons of sheepheads i would be glad to help you carry them,thats just the kind of guy i am

·
Registered
583 Posts
Same here. Found 1 grifola that was past prime, and thats about it. I checkekd a couple areas also. Will go tommorrow while I do a little deer scouting. Not sure what I want more, some hot deer sign or a sheepshead!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
More rain is in the forecast Thursday...This should help bring out the shrooms.. We have had just one of those dry years..Go out after the rain passes through. Maybe Friday and or Saturday should be better for you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts