The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I decided to go out and look for some sheephead this weekend, we totally got rained out yesterday but rain or shine we were going today. It all started out with the higher elevations in 2C getting a layer of wet snow but when we left it was moderate steady rain, we have gor-tex rain gear but that only works for so long and we went waaaayyyyy past that time limit to stay dry, we were out a mile or two from the truck and were'nt cold as long as we kept moving then it started to snow and winds got heavy we started back toward the truck. We didnt expect to find any but I found 2 and my brother found 5 it was a great day on the worst day you could pick to walk about the woods and look for fungi.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
greta find.little butter and garlic and your set.been an awesome year for mushrooms this year,especially maitaiki

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
found my first ever yesterday in Huntingdon Co. (now that I know what to look for). Brought it home, soaked in water, dipped in egg and flour and fried in EVOO. When browned, splashed with pear wine. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Delightful!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts