The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you start in the spring? whats out there now in Pa? I need to get out and look, the group at Blue Spruce doesn't start meeting untill next month. I need something to do.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I've been out for the last couple of days just wandering the woods. Some of the first mushrooms are up, but none of the edibles yet.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I never wear orange morel hunting unless I am turkey hunting at the same time, lol- BUT, it is a good idea to do that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kind of funny how PAGC worries only about Hunters...soon to change I bet...lol....they will want us to get permits to hunt 'rooms

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
You have to have permits to collect insects on game lands, so you may have a point, lol

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What do you mean Gal? I grab a bug once in a while to see what is hatching. I don't take them home and put them in alcohol or anything. I just catch them and let them go or maybe they might get a little squished in the process.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I do take them home and put them in alcohol- but just the auatics to document what is in a stream. I have a scientific collectors permit from Fish and Boat for most waterways in the Commonwealth, and I have a special permit from DCNR to collect on their land. Just learned I need one from game to collect on game lands, tho I have never collected on a game land.

Collections are considered 50 or more insects in possession, at least by fish and boat standards, and you need a fishing license to collect up to 50. Just a heads up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts