The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


My daughter called me to ask about these mushrooms....they're coming up everywhere at her house. She has two kids under 2 yrs old and was afraid they might be toxic. I do sheepheads and morels, as they're easy to identify. Anyone here help out on an ID?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
It looks like it’s possibly panaeolus cinctulus or panaeolus foenisecii. They are of the same family, the former one is a hallucinogenic mushroom, the latter is harmless but the are tricky to distinguish. They grow in the same habitat(well kept lawns being one). I would recommend telling her to pick and dispose of them.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top