The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clover out back is finally seeing some action since about last week. These two came out this evening and offered a nice look. This is a yearling spike buck that has been around since birth last summer. The other doe came out after him and then eventually ran him off the clover. He then went into the beans and nibbled on them until the sun went down. I can still see the silouhettes in the moon as i write. They have been out there every night now for about a week.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It's nice to see the deer taking advantage of all the hard work!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I bet with all that extra food, those bucks will be 10" spikes instead of 8" spikes! HAHA, just playing with you Shady... Tell that doe that was chasing them away to find her own food plot!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I rolled up on a shooter coming out of that plot last November when you came up to hunt. If you wouldnt have gone way down into the bottom you may have seen him.

·
Registered
28,480 Posts
What it is only June, You can't shoot them now, so why attract them out in the open like that....
(sarcasim)

The rewards of the foodplotter....Looking great there Shady, I mowed a clover plot last night and the other two I mowed on Sunday are already turning it back on.

I did not pull the cam cards last night but my guess is when i get them this weekend it will make me smile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts