The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some discussion a few months ago about the Multiflora Rose having a disease. I have noticed about 20% of what I have in the fields has died. Just wondering what others are seeing.

I am hoping it wipes out all of it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I heard about a blight of some sort making it's way north last summer. Wasn't aware of it hear yet, but could be. I wish it would get the "mile a minute" too!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
It's called Rose rossette disease. We had it on my place in Armstrong Co. a few years ago and it really knocked the MFR back but it's starting to make a comeback I've noticed this spring. I wish it would have been finished off, I hate that stuff.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
boy, this is a topic I am very interested in. I was talking to a botanist the other day (he had come to look at the fine variety of invasive species that I have at my place). His own property is infested with multiflora rose also. We are hoping that the disease spreads up here ASAP. Harleynit- Where is your property (county), if I could ask? Anyone else that can give me county or more precise locations of the disease, it would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes they do hang there somewhat, but not any more that a dense stand of brush/saplings. They actually seem to avoid the denser areas. Additionally, it is so dense that more useful/nutricious ground cover is displaced.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Mine got a disease called Kubota tractor with a backhoe. Devastating effects.

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
Mr. Deere came in and took care of the left over disease laiden MFR!

There was a little left for bunny cover that has no disease.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts