The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that proposes to remove county treasurers from issuing antlerless licenses, comes up for a Game and Fisheries Committee vote on 9/30. There are several other bills being voted upon at the same meeting.

·
Registered
12,208 Posts
I want my STATE hunting licenses without county treasures plucking the funds. Always was a stupid system. Should be first come, first served. Buy em at point of sale or on the net. Stupid to be sending applications around. Counties don't control hunting, the state does. Why have counties meddling in any part of it? Let the pgc keep the funds.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Twowithone said:
Just another cry baby bill. I want my license today what a joke.
Any particular reason other than we have always done it that way? Let me guess...You are against Sunday hunting and semi autos too...

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
No let me guess. You didn't get 1 of your doe tags yet and your mad and the early season opens this Saturday what are you going to do. Get a life would be a start.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
As a matter of fact they did screw up my wife's doe tag. We won't be hunting this weekend so it's a moot point.

So. Please tell me why the county treasurer should handle doe tags.

You can respond here or send your response via carrier pigeon or telegraph.lol.

·
Registered
18,921 Posts
Twowithone said:
Get a life would be a start.
You have a way with words...

Seriously. The Treasurers receive payment, they cash the checks, there is a self addressed and stamped return envelope, and they still hold onto the goods just because they can.

How would you feel if you went to Home Depot's website and bought weed whacker. They ran your card and decided to hold the shipment just because you can't use it till May.

It is ridiculous that a treasurer cashes the check and does not mail out the good that was paid for within a business day or two.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Or perhaps it's designed to address the concerns of those of us who are smart enough to realize that the system is archaic and in the era of PALS and electronic licensing, there is no need for a middle man. And like a lot of other things in PA, the only reason we seem to keep this system is because that's the way we've always done it.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
does anyone really want to stand in line at the point of sale waiting their turn to buy an antlerless tag. that line will go out the door, around the corner, down the block and into the woods.

unless they change it to first come first served, when the general licenses go on sale and then what? how long is that line going to be or will the PGC web site crash and burn.

take your time,fill it out correctly, mail it in, be on time, no problem.

cant fix what aint broke

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
bohunr said:
does anyone really want to stand in line at the point of sale waiting their turn to buy an antlerless tag. that line will go out the door, around the corner, down the block and into the woods.

unless they change it to first come first served, when the general licenses go on sale and then what? how long is that line going to be or will the PGC web site crash and burn.

take your time,fill it out correctly, mail it in, be on time, no problem.

cant fix what aint broke [/quote
.....if that's your concern buy it online, problem solved. Why do we have so many hunters opposed to change in this state?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to Director Hough's statement - given during his annual presentation to the Game and Fisheries Committee - if the law is passed giving the Game Commission the responsibility of issuing antlerless tags, then IT WILL BE DONE BY LOTTERY.

It won't matter if you buy your license on-line at 12:01 - if your CID# is not one of the pre-selected ones in the lottery - you get no tag. Wait until 50,000(or more?) hunters get screwed out of a tag after years of having no such problem with the treasurers. The legislature thought they had a problem with 900 Luzerne County applicants, just wait until the "lottery" hits the fan statewide.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
So let me quess again. I think I ran into your post awhile back saying about your wife not getting a tag and you did. You were told to call the Treasurer about it that was 2 weeks ago. Weather you did or did,nt call I have no idea and really don't care. I could not purchase a hunting license the first day this yr at Dicks Sporting goods store through the Pals system. So let me quess again the system was broke the first day I went to get my general license, now you want me to go through the pals system for a doe tag. This isn't the first time I couldn't get a license through the pals system and theres probably a lot more stories like mine out there.I want someone to post on here with proof that they sent their first round tag in got approved but still have not gotten a tag then you really have a gripe. Yours isn't a gripe you were told what to do that's on you.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Gene you cant use it till this Saturday so what is the big hurry.Your HD. comparison is very poor to say the least. Who buys a weedwacker online gene if you do that's on you maybe your elevator doesn't go to the top floor.I just bought a camera security box it took a week to get here should I moan because I bought it but its not in my hands that very day that's more in line with the Treasurers gig. I don't see you folks crying when you purchase your general hunting license online and it takes 7-10 days to get to your residence you don't cry then its the same principal. Grow up.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Twowithone said:
So let me quess again. I think I ran into your post awhile back saying about your wife not getting a tag and you did. You were told to call the Treasurer about it that was 2 weeks ago. Weather you did or did,nt call I have no idea and really don't care. I could not purchase a hunting license the first day this yr at Dicks Sporting goods store through the Pals system. So let me quess again the system was broke the first day I went to get my general license, now you want me to go through the pals system for a doe tag. This isn't the first time I couldn't get a license through the pals system and theres probably a lot more stories like mine out there.I want someone to post on here with proof that they sent their first round tag in got approved but still have not gotten a tag then you really have a gripe. Yours isn't a gripe you were told what to do that's on you.
We did contact the county treasurer. Now get this. We had to send it back to them and they are sending it to the PAGC to get a license issued....She doesn't need it until the first day of doe in 1 so it really doesn't matter.

Do you realize that you send your application to the county treasurer and they enter it into the PALS system you hate so much, then they send it back to you at their leisure?

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
I don't know about your treasurer who you sent it to but they should have issued you another license on the spot. My point to you is you have time whats the rush. The same Pals system that you cherish messed up your wifes doe tag if you think about it for a minute.Last yr I sent in for 2-A deadline passed they said they sent it I said I never received it they issued me a new tag that day. Took 3 days to get it but there were no SEASONS open to use it no foul. Life goes by to fast slow down and chill.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
No. The pals system didn't screw up, the person who didn't remove the application from the envelope at the Treasurer office screwed up.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Oh I see and your wife still couldn't hunt anyway cause theres no deer season that's open so no foul. Its on here somewhere that people said they bought their hunting licenses ONLINE and never received them also so don't think the Pals system doesn't, break. Like I said earlier I couldn't buy my icense on the first day this yr with the Pals system and I was,nt the only hunter that left the store mad.I don't remember that happening when the person behind the counter wrote out your license.How old is the Pals system weve been using Ill say 6 yrs old and it still breaks down after 6yrs whats that telling you.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
You remember the way you had too apply for a doe tag before Pals arrived. The GC sent out the tags after they got them from your county treasurer did,nt hear any griping back then and they were late also. They used to hire kids in the summer to start the process they were part timers.

·
Registered
19,014 Posts
BobB said:
According to Director Hough's statement - given during his annual presentation to the Game and Fisheries Committee - if the law is passed giving the Game Commission the responsibility of issuing antlerless tags, then IT WILL BE DONE BY LOTTERY.

It won't matter if you buy your license on-line at 12:01 - if your CID# is not one of the pre-selected ones in the lottery - you get no tag. Wait until 50,000(or more?) hunters get screwed out of a tag after years of having no such problem with the treasurers. The legislature thought they had a problem with 900 Luzerne County applicants, just wait until the "lottery" hits the fan statewide.
will they have separate lottery for each WMU or will the tag be good state wide like they used to be?

your other statement is absolutely correct. you cant get folks in this state united on to many fronts. but mess with their hunting licenses or the deer herd and they pop up from all over. 900 is nothing compared to 50,000 marching to the capital and I bet they don't stop at the front door.

·
Registered
18,921 Posts
Twowithone said:
maybe your elevator doesn't go to the top floor.
Whats the purpose of the constant snide remarks? Since we disagree on some issues, I am the enemy? I don't get it.

Anyways. When the treasurer cashes the check for a good, that good should be promptly mailed. Simple as that. If they don't want to ship them back because they don't want to walk them to the outgoing mail, don't cash the checks.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts