The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here ever tried the mule waterproof brush bibs? If so how do you like them and are they worth 130$

·
Registered
24,728 Posts
most definitely been wearing them about 10 years now... Matter of fact I ordered them from the old owner of Mule and asked for water proof rather than water resistant. He said no one ever asked for that but we can do it...The following year they were offering waterproof bibs...

Also have the waterproof hunting coat...

One day it absolutely poured while I was hunting with a buddy wearing Wick bibs and vest... We were calling it a day he taook off his stuff for the ride and I took off mine, He was soaked and I was bone dry (except for my hair) He ordered the bibs and coat for Christmas that year.

You won't wear out those bibs...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I bought a pair 3 years ago. I've tried several different brands (Filson and others) and these are the best of what I've tried. My only complaint is they are very hot. They don't let any air circulate so when it is over 40 degrees I'm usually soaked from sweat. Very similar to how I sweat in neoprene waders. You can plow through any briars with them.

·
Registered
24,728 Posts
I know I do but they do have a good product... I have a bunch of Filson products both single tin and double tin chaps , uplander coat, hats, boots, woolens, hunting tin pants, but for overall dependability, waterproof and durability not to mention price ya just can't beat the Mules. Filson makes very good products but no competition for holding up to wear or waterproof.

My one regret was learning about Mule so late in my hunting career. Could have saved a bunch of money and replacement costs. I have three sets of chaps a custom leather I had made in the late seventies, single tin and double tin Filson. I wish I had just bought the Mules in the beginning....too soon old; too late smart

·
Registered
438 Posts
funny you remember our conversation a few years back...lol. I to plan on purchasing the Mule waterproof pants. Bibs would be too hot the way we hump up and down hills.Thanks for the chat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts