The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly Muhammad Ali has passed. Rest easy champ!
Bill

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Ali and Frazier. RIP

You can't mention one without the other.

·
Registered
20,213 Posts
Little Big Man said:
He was a draft doIdger.
I got past that long ago, but so we're 50% of the male college students at that time, just not as open about it.

He was a great fighter and it was sad to see over the years he become a shell of the person he was in his glory days.

RIP Champ.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
X 2 Birch. At the time he stood his ground relative to Viet Nam, I wore the Eagle Globe and Anchor and carried an M-14; both with pride and honor. I respected him for his commitment to what he thought was right and for the skilled boxer he was. Semper Fi Mohamed Ali.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Can't forget seeing pictures of Frazier after the
Thrilla in Manilla
RIP champ

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
He had a great chin and a greater heart as a boxer. He just won't go down or say no when he was in trouble. The greatest boxer and champion I ever saw. RIP

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Never said he wasn't a great boxer. One of the greatest ever. Just wanted people to know that he was evading the war when young men were fighting and dying for his freedom to flap his jaw. That's all I was say in.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Little Big Man said:
Just wanted people to know that he was evading the war when young men were fighting and dying for his freedom to flap his jaw. That's all I was say in.
Fighting for his freedom? In Viet Nam? I don't think so. They were fighting alright but not for our freedoms. Viet Nam eventually fell to the the commies. What freedoms were lost here in America when that happened? What freedoms were lost when the USA pulled out?

I remember watching a documentary on that war. Viet Nam vets were recounting stories about their personal experiences there. One soldier told of taking a hill from the North Vietnamese army. They won the battle, took the hill, good men died and a few weeks later they gave up the same hill. He said it was then that he knew there was no clear objective in that war. We should not have been there and even Defense Secretary John MacNamara said, 30 years later, it was a mistake.

Btw, I have all the respect in the world for the guys who fought in that war. They did what they were asked to do.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
No doubt the greatest heavyweight of all time! Never be another as good as him. Got to see him in person as a kid at Deer Lake. Man he was fast!
If one of his fights are on I still watch it. The skill level was just unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
he never "evaded" anything.
he didn't run to Canada
he didn't claim a medical deferment or take a cushy role in a stateside reserve unit.

instead while in his prime and the top of his game he took a bold stand for what he believed in knowing the repercussions
he stood before the supreme court and won unanimously 8-0
the only thing that man ever dodged was a punch

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
twistedoak said:
he never "evaded" anything.
he didn't run to Canada
he didn't claim a medical deferment or take a cushy role in a stateside reserve unit.

instead while in his prime and the top of his game he took a bold stand for what he believed in knowing the repercussions
he stood before the supreme court and won unanimously 8-0
the only thing that man ever dodged was a punch
Well said

1 - 17 of 17 Posts