The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with mud motors? I'm going to be buying a new rig in the next few months. I have my boat options narrowed down but I haven't figured out what motor to put on it yet. A jet is out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just bought a mud buddy 27 kolher short tail.....had to call the plastic surgen to get the smile removed from my face! That thing will eat for sure. Of course we have marsh everywhere here in Fl....willow trees, grass, mud, 3 inches of water with mud, head high cattails in water. Look into Flex steel "quick slick" for your boat it will make your rig slide through the thick haveing said that it will get you center stuck when dry comes up faster that expected. Make sure your transom is strong enough ours is getting eaten up from the power/weight looking into suring it up over summer months. We run a tracker "fisher" 1542 semi v.

good luck...jimmy shutt

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
To get the best performance, make sure the hull you buy is designed for a mud motor. I have a surface drive on a 1442 alumacraft. It works well, but the hull is not designed for an sd. Check out mudmotortalk.com if you haven't already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts