The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say, I'm pretty impressed. I just had the cheap "spider web" for lack of a better term - that's what it feels like you're against when trying to figure it out. I was considering HSS, but when I picked one up, I thought there must be a better option. It's a no-brainer to put on, and it comes with the linesman's rope, too. That was a little confusing, but I think I got it figured out. I'll have to try it on a tree (ground level) to make sure I got it right. Quality stuff!

·
Registered
371 Posts
let us know what u think. I'm thinking of grabbing one myself. Been using the one that came with the stand. I really like the Loggy Bayou ones, but none left in my size.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I saw the Muddy camera arm at the SPortsman's show and was very impressed with it. Sound like they are making good stuff.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hate to come acorss as the devil's advocate...and maybe I'm missing something...but I just went to their website to check these out (because I too think that the HSS is a bit bulky & heavy). Outside of a back pad and a but more clearly marked system so you don't put it on backwards, I can really tell the difference between these and the standard freebie 5pt harnass you get with stands.

All of the "freebie" 5pt harnasses that I have ever had all have side connectors at the hip so that the safety strap can also be used as a lineman's rope. They're fairly lightweight as well (maybe not not 2lbs). Just don't see why you should crank out the $100+ for one of these.

Plus I just took an old $20 turkey vest, unzipped off the seat portion, and sewed in my freebie 5pt safety harnass into it. So now I have my own version of a safety vest that has plenty of external and internal pockets plus a nice large back pouch to carry everything I would ever need into the field.

Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I am still Using the SOP that came with my summit .It is the older style . No complaints from me on the SOP harness and prussic rope system .
I dont care which one youse .But please use one !

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I have one that I bought last year. Best investment I ever made. Very easy to use. I see they changed the chest strap since I purchased.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KCROE,

I have tried the 5 pt harness. Maybe it's me, but when I tried to get that thing on it probably took 10 or 15 min to get it figured out and on the right way. I could only imagine trying to do that in the dark on the side of the road when getting ready. Yesterday morning I did just that with my muddy harness - had it on and ready to go in probably a minute. That in itself is worth paying for. To each his own. I'm not telling everybody they should abandon their current harness and get a Muddy. I'm just relaying my experience and initial thoughts of it. Like everybody says - wearing ANY harness is better than no harness!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Muddy would be perfect if it had the same buckles as the HSS vest. I have the HSS pro series and it is a little bulky. I think the pockets suck. I would much rather be able to use my jacket pockets. It looks like you're able to use your jacket pockets with the Muddy. The HSS is very comfortable and stays out of the way nice. I do prefer the plastic snap buckle on the chest and the seatbelt type buckles of the HSS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts