The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i had sunk my 450 kod.upto the bottom of seat i guess i should change oil and filter. are the rears ok? never had it that deep before. i rode about 1 hr. after the dunk. took at least 2hrs. to wash. what a mess,mud everywhere maybe you guys know about this...later

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
check to see if anything got in there first. I agree you should change em but see if they are milky. if they are then you vent lines are not ran high enough. most of the times diff lines are not ran no were near high enough. extended them if you can. even if you do not plan on ever going that deep again so when it does happen you will be prepared. might have to flush the motor a few times if you milked it also.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, you all told me what i really thought. It's funny we drove through the mud and water the first time maybe up to my fl.boards. 2nd time my gr.son had lost his flag so we were looking for it, just bought it that morning 15.00 i had to buy three. His broke off at the bolt i guess from his butt sliding around on seat, anyway going to look for it we came to bog again i thought that we went on center tracks. WRONG thank god they stopped they said they could see me sinking. smart kids. i can onlt guess what they were thinking. ha ha. they said bubbles were coming out from exhaust, but nice rooster tails. there must have been log or rock in there because all 4 wheels just kept shooting mud and water. oh well don't plan to do that again anytime soon thanks again for the help....later

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
more then likely just rutted out. whenever you get to a well used mudhole that is what happens. most people go in and start spinnin. this digs out two trenchs where the tires are and you high center. if you can lean the four wheeler to bite against the side of the rut. you can normally get out. look at the begginin of this video that mudhole is the same way. never got stuck yet in it and made it the 6 or so times I have been through it. it doesn't look like it is being leaned too much but it is enough to get forward momentum. once you start to loose the forward momentum lean to the other side keep going. if you notice that you are not goin forward at all go backwards while you still can. throwin mud is cool but if ya get stuck that is even worse. many times you can back out of a sticky situation if you got decent tires on.

http://www.bigbenshaus.com/ssrtmemorialday.wmv

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I sank my 700 sportsman to the seat. the oil was fine, but the front diff was destroyed, ended up having to replace the insides.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the side to side it did move me alittle more. i had seen someone doing it on one of the posts on here. the guys were going back in a few times i thought ballsy. some of the dumbest stuff happens when riding. one time we were riding stripmines near town of st.clair my gr.son cought a runoff drainge rut driving like a 15 yr. old went end over 2 or 3 times.lucky very lucky. Soninlaw went nuts on him sort of ended the day. those last trils of the day deal seem unlucky.Its all good thow.....later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts