The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs. doesn't get to hunt a whole lot with running kids to activities and such, but today was a day with no activities. We hunted this morning and only saw one unknown deer behind us. We went back out around 2PM and within 10 or 15 minutes on stand we had 3 doe come in front of us. The one was just getting into range when one of the other deer spooked a little and they trotted off. They didn't see us but seemed to be looking down the hollow. We weren't sure what they saw, but since they didn't spook bad we hoped they would come back. Finally with about 15 minutes of time left a buck appeared to our right only 10 yards away. I stopped him once at 20 yards, but her glove was in the way. He started to walk again and I stopped him at 30 yards quartering away. She let the arrow go and the shot found it's mark. We heard him crash, but since we didn't see him we decided to go back to the house to give him a little time. The hole in the photo is the exit side. This is also her biggest buck ever. She got it with the Matrix 380.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Very nice and congratulations to her for such a fine achievement and congratulations to you for having a lady that hunts. Good job has been done by all; you folks rock.

·
Premium Member
24,183 Posts
Nice buck congrats

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congratulations to your wife! That is a nice looking buck. I don't get much time out for hunting with the kids and all, so I appreciate what a precious opportunity that is.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Cspot, you have the most killingest family in Pennsylvania. Congrats to the Mrs!!!! Anyone left in your house with a buck tag??? By the way, what county do you live in? I tip my my hat to you and yours sir!!

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks,
To answer a few questions.

Swhacker broadhead
Washington County
No buck tags left, we get to sleep in the first day of rifle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts