The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I have that is good to say? Here's some things.

I've been working, training the dog daily. He's close to 80# now and is a brown ball of muscle. At 7 months, he's doing multiple retrieves and starting with hand signals. I'm very happy with his progress.

I shot a banded goose and banded woodie this season and even though I had less days out and the weather was lousy, skunks were few and far between.

I'm working on my 'layout' boat as well. A 12' heavily modified = hull that is more like a floating 2 man layout blind. Barn doors and everything. Working in a fabrication shop, i have access to tons of tools and have a solid idea for the blind and interior mods. I found a 7hp for the back, I'll be able to run down the cripples with ease.

The Delta banquet, while not getting a huge response, is looking like a great time in the making. We've got lots to prizes and good food coming.

Our Delta chapter is looking to put on some youth events, wounded warrior hunts and SGL clean ups. Those things are very exciting to me. I personally can't wait to get some projects going, but building a chapter is slow going and hard work. We'll make it happen.

I'm looking to book a snow hunt next spring and just sent a text to 8 guys this morning about it. I want to lock down a good date and have a few guys already on board. Still snowless, this will be my first time. I need one for the wall, hopefully sporting a little more than feathers.

Well, that's all I have time for and can think of. I hope this helps with the negative image I have with some people here. I'm a nice guy, most guys who head out with me will tell you the same.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pic from NJ with Drake's waterfowl and guide service. I'm on the left.

·
20,167 Posts
You started out really rough Don but all in all I think you've mellowed way out over the past year or so. Takes time to improve on a bad first impression but I think you're doing a good job.....not that my approval counts for crap lol.

PS....you're much younger then I expected haha.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a bunch more pics of successful days, I'll keep posting this seasons pics if you guys would like. I don't post pics usually, don't send them all to FB either. I don't hunt to brag about it.

I'm sorry if I started off roughly here, I'm a dedicated, serious hunter who follows the letter of the law and yes, I have strong opinions and haven't ever been called shy.

Thanks, I hope I look younger than I am. 38 years and I'm still looking like a 20 something according to most. Appreciate the compliment, trout.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Should have just made a new screen name...

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
LOL...We shoot them too, I'm just busting your balls...as far as I'm concerned, SWPA doesn't afford us the luxury of shooting only drakes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's mine and a buddy's best day recently, most of the pics I posted already were solo hunts.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We kill geese, too.
And a reward banded mallard to top it off.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Unfortunately, yes. I'm a welding inspector. That's what gives me all the fabrication tool access for building and welding up my new layout boat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts