The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any SW guys around know what happened to My. pleasant fur buyers? I heard that the went out I bussiness but you all know how the word on the street gets twisted around.
Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
I heard the same thing, apparently they have closed up shop. They started a couple years ago and I think they missed the short fur boom. It's a rough time to be a fur buyer. They were great guys, I'm sorry to see this happen

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they were great guys. Always enjoyed going there. Dang shame to see them have to close up

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I was afraid that would happen to a bunch of local fur buyers. In the fall of 2013, the guys who sold locally did quite well with their fur like selling coons for $25.00 a pop. Well, at the international auctions, coon prices dropped by 60% to 70%. Well, those guys mostly held on to the fur instead of selling hoping it would bounce back only to see it drop again last season.

If things don't improve in the near future, I see the local fur buyer just about disappear. Back in the late 70's and early 80's you can easily find a local fur buyer just about in any local area all across PA. Those guys are really hard to find these days and it will only get worse as fur prices stay in the tank.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think now would be a good time to buy and hold.If you have the place to store fur.Oil wont stay down long,and china will rebound.Its a buyers market

1 - 5 of 5 Posts