The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this topic has been beat to death, but i always get the itch this time of year. what's your favorite mouth call or calls? what just works for you? lets get some mouth call ideas flowing here. i'm starting to look for a few new ones to try this year. right now a few of my favorites:

gulvas masters choice
knight and hale smoke n fire
knight and hale ghost hen
quaker boy old boss hen

i would like to try some hook's and XT calls this year and looking for a few other ideas. i've found lately that i like some proph in my calls as opposed to all latex. the proph plays with very little pressure. i am no expert, i cannot play the advanced 4 reed calls unless i play them loud. i like to use my mouth calls for soft and raspy calling. so what do you guys like???

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Tipton Creek Turkey Calls. Each call is pulled to the same specifications and sound great. They have some profilactic calls that are awesome.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My favorite mouthcalls are the entire line of Primos "Stacked Frame" or "Piggyback" calls.I really like the "True Double" and the "True Triple". Because these calls are thick many guys cannot run them, but for guys who can they really talk turkey!

·
Registered
813 Posts
"Woodhaven" Red Wasp,and Scott Ellis Energy series.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Quaker Boy Screamin' Green Pro Triple
Primos True Double
Gulvas Triple

And my personal favorite, Gulvas Master's Choice!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I suggest Tipton Creek also. I'm a staffer for them if you need any info. I also suggest XT that you already said you wanted to try. I like to help out PA call makers.

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Gulvas "Master's Choice"

XT is making calls in a slimmer design this spring...Gonna have to check those out...XT Havoc is a great sounding call...</span>

·
Super Moderator
13,516 Posts
I have used mouth calls for turkey for many years. They are my favorite type of call. However, I do not get hung up in selecting one over another. I do believe gobblers and hens will respond better or quicker to certain calls. I believe there is more to the way a certain call is preformed, the volume, the amount of calling and the calling location then there is to selecting a "Magic Call."

I have several mouth calls and more than one is a year or too old. Each Spring I rinse them in mouthwash and test them selecting the two or three that I believe sounds the best. In have been partial to Quakerboy whereas, I find them easier to use and more versatile.

What ever you select...practice.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Knight and Hale "The Preacher"

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hooks. Sassy gal or Hustler. I've used dozens of mouth calls from many manufacturers. Hooks are by far my favorite. If you buy either multi pack and don't find a couple from each pack that you love, I'll be shocked.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moss, i like the looks of the preacher too. it looks similar to the smoke n fire that i currently use. i'd like to try one this year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts