The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I hope no one got excited thinking this was a PA mountaion lion, which we all know we don't have here in PA... wink~wink!

But check this out. My cousin in California sent me this picture of one walking along his house!

He said "I'm soooo excited. Guess what showed up on my TruthCam this morning??? Yep, a good size mountain lion strolling just past our house. Looks to be at least 40 pounds or heavier. Our friendly neighbor cat was by about an hour earlier and looks like a midget compared to this critter.

Kind of startling when you realize that they are a good size predatory animal. Sent FYI to all our neighbors so they know. The game warden confirmed that it is one and said since we live near a forest we can expect these kind of visits from time to time. He said they much prefer deer and wild turkeys not humans, cats or dogs but they are opportunistic. Oh, also trapped a possum last night. He wasn't too happy."

My cousin has lived on that property for a number of years but just started using a game camera last year, so I'm sure that's not the first time a mountain lion has been through his yard over the years. He just didn't know about it until now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, he has a trap set up near the camera... it had caught a possum earlier in the night. I thought maybe that attracted the mountain lion. I once had a picture of a bobcat on my yard when along with a small possum. I've read that movement can attract them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course it looks like a bobcat... that's all WE have to compare it too!

Actualy he did get a picture of a bobact last year which you can see below and compare the two pictures.
California Bobcat

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Looks like the same cat, The first picture is just blown up more!!

·
Banned
75 Posts
OK, I hope no one got excited thinking this was a PA mountaion lion, which we all know we don't have here in PA... wink~wink!

But check this out. My cousin in California sent me this picture of one walking along his house!

He said "I'm soooo excited. Guess what showed up on my TruthCam this morning??? Yep, a good size mountain lion strolling just past our house. Looks to be at least 40 pounds or heavier. Our friendly neighbor cat was by about an hour earlier and looks like a midget compared to this critter.

Kind of startling when you realize that they are a good size predatory animal. Sent FYI to all our neighbors so they know. The game warden confirmed that it is one and said since we live near a forest we can expect these kind of visits from time to time. He said they much prefer deer and wild turkeys not humans, cats or dogs but they are opportunistic. Oh, also trapped a possum last night. He wasn't too happy."

My cousin has lived on that property for a number of years but just started using a game camera last year, so I'm sure that's not the first time a mountain lion has been through his yard over the years. He just didn't know about it until now.

boy you cant see if it was or not i study these photos im good atit ever fake bigfoot photos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts