The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked 1000 times before but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Can you use a mountain bike to get to a treestand on state game lands? Or does the use of mountain bikes end as soon as hunting season starts.

Thanks

·
Registered
25,694 Posts
(5) Ride a nonmotorized vehicle, conveyance or animal from the last Saturday in September until the third Saturday in January, and before 1 p.m. from the second Saturday in April through the last Saturday in May inclusive, except on Sundays or while lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Lol.
I don't think any type of peddled type of bike should be allowed on sgl's.Not everyone has a mountain bike.Make it fair for everyone to get to the far outta reach spots

Not everyone having one is not a reason to disallow it.

We all make choices as to which gear is important to us...if you want a bike, maybe one less trail cam, tree stand, fishing trip, etc.

And NO....I do not use a mountain bike to hunt.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
This may have been asked 1000 times before but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Can you use a mountain bike to get to a treestand on state game lands? Or does the use of mountain bikes end as soon as hunting season starts.

Thanks
There is typically a sign posted at the gates/parking lots at the SGL..Just was reading one the other day on the info board.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Lol.
I don't think any type of peddled type of bike should be allowed on sgl's.Not everyone has a mountain bike.Make it fair for everyone to get to the far outta reach spots
No spot is out of reach. just depends how early you want to get up, your ability to get there and most importantly how your going to get your animal out. Ride a horse, ride a bike, hop, skip, walk, run. I don't care how you get there. its public land. GO HUNTING.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts