The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got moultrie trail cam...Mod. M40 set it up in house to test it before I put it out in field...all pics have a big black wide stripe covering half the picture. Like you would hold your hand over half the lense....but there is nothing in front of the camera.....anyone ever run into this...if so, how did you fix it. Thanks in advance......very disappointed in Moultrie. petejc

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Call there customer service and they will run you through a couple things to reset it or they will have you send it in to them and they will replace it !
I have and run 14 Moultrie cams and have had very good luck with them all ! They have a very good CS team and will take care of you ! It could just be a faulty part and nothing that Moultrie did or has controll over ! If they take care of the problem for you then they did there part ! They don't fix them anymore so they will replace it with a new one !

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would try to reformat the sd card in the camera and see if that fixes it. Or see if there is a Firmware update on their website and see if that helps. If those do not work, as stated previously, call customer service or return it from where you bought it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’ve had a few Moultrie cams and my CS experience with them turned me away from them. One cam was stolen (M880) another went out of focus and only half the flash would fire, out of warranty. They gave me a few suggestions, none worked so it went in the trash. The one that turned me off ran wild. Took pics until batteries died and or card was full. In warranty period. I sent back the cam and they sent me a REFURB, after 6 weeks passed. I sent them the exact verbiage from their warranty and they never responded. I still have my original M80XT and it takes fine pics, but the other experience(s) put me off. I’ve moved on to Primos, Covert and Stealth. Haven’t needed their CS (yet) but cams work great. I hope your experience is better than mine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts