The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
The two Mojo Decoys that I'm familiar with are the Fuzzy Critter and the Super Critter.

...I have 2 FoxPro decoys and I haven't used them in over 3 years....Jack-n-the-Box and a Jack Jr
I also HAD the Jack-n-the-Box. I believe it was their first battery-operated decoy. I used mine a couple of times and then gave it away.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
This is the decoy I use most of the time when targeting cats, a red fox tail. I do not like to use an electronic decoy when calling coyotes. However, both my ICOTec and FoxPro Fury have them attached. If I am using one of them I do not turn on the decoy I just let the wind move them.

·
Registered
Ravin R9
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like that John, last month I passed a roadkill Red Fox on the side of the road.
It was right before a small bridge crossing a creek, I wanted that tail bad but nowhere to pull over without risking getting run over
or causing an accident. :(

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
I like a moving decoy. When Canines get a fix on the motion, it seems I'm going to get a shot. I enjoy seeing the change in Canine demeanor when it sees motion.
During daylight, Redtail Hawks swoop by, crows visit and that's ok.
I use to shoot quick but not anymore and the decoy gives me a few extra seconds to get the gun up while the critter is focus on the decoy.

And as Hern said it is enjoyable watching the critter sneak up on the decoy.

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
By the way. You do not have to spend a lot on a decoy.

A feather tied to a tree limb or bush and blowing in the wind works.

I have a Fox Pro decoy but I also have a cat toy similar to this that works great. It was about $10.
Body jewelry Sports equipment Plant Ball Jewellery

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have had coyotes bolt from the action of a rapidly moving decoy, also have had them stop and run away from a rapidly moving decoy. Some do not appear to be shy of it but in my experience most are. That is why I don't turn on a rapidly moving decoy preferring the wind to move it or just use the tail dangling from a branch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts