The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find it local to centre county?

Ive got about an extra 2 gal of blackberry wine that was left after primary fermentation. Rather than chuck it, its sitting in my fridge. I DOUBT that I will need it at this point, as I DOUBT its drinkable.

Would like to turn it into blackberry vinegar.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I think it should make its own "mother" but you can buy it at wine and beer making shops. I included an article about making vinegar. I have accidentally made some with cider I had too long that had not been pasturized, it made its own mother. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-make-red-wine-vinegar/#axzz2lDnKFEMP Blackberry vinegar should really be good in a vinegarette.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im a little hesitant to just let it try to form its own mother. Afraid it might take hold of the wrong bacteria kinda like spontaneous fermentation. I just remembered theres a store next to where I work that has all kinds of crazy ingredients, might go ask them. I can find it online, just like to support local when I can.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yes, you can do that, but, don't get caught. It would be the most expensive brandy you ever drank.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That thought has crossed my mind, but I would never kiss and tell if it ever did happen.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Port's on Zion might have something, I know they do all of the wine making classes and stuff......

I think it's Ports, but I'm not sure......I know my buddy gets his wine making supplies somewhere in Zion....

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ports is in bellefonte. Place you are thinking of in Zion is true value hardware

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
John S said:
Yes, you can do that, but, don't get caught. It would be the most expensive brandy you ever drank.
I thought it was legal so long as you don't sell it and its under a certain amount?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty sure you cant distill period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts