The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a new 12 gauge more specifically an O/U and was looking into the mossberg SR anyone have one of these or know someone that does and could tell me what they think of them.my price limit is $600 so if you know of any others that you think would be better i'm open to suggestions.Thanks

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
If all you have is $600 I would avoid most any 2 barrel gun. Unless it is a used b-gun. (Browning or Beretta)

Go to shotgunworld.com and research. I'm certain you'll find enough to cause you to steer clear.

·
Registered
846 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
If all you have is $600 I would avoid most any 2 barrel gun. Unless it is a used b-gun. (Browning or Beretta)

Go to shotgunworld.com and research. I'm certain you'll find enough to cause you to steer clear.
what he said

look hard, and you'll find the old 'b' gun -- other finds are ithaca/SKB, charles daily(miroku), even marlin 90's

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
skook, my ex wife shot trap with a silver reserve. she did just fine with it. It was the sporting edition with the ported barrels. If I had one complaint it would have been the lack of shell ejectors....ok, two complaints, after more than a thousand shots, it was still tight when she tried to "break" it open after the shot. For the money, it is a decent gun, but if you can get your hands on a browning, you won't regret it. good luck

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I "HAD" one. It was ok. Chokes were junk. One shot 16" low. Bought after market and all was ok.

Check serial #'s. Some had firing pin issues. Mine did not.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If my choice was between the Silver Reserve and the Stoeger, I would get the Silver Reserve. I have the silver Reserver and have handled the Stoegers. I lile the SR much better b/c of the looks and fit for me. That being said mine was an early version that did have an issue, but it was taken care of by Mossberg and has been just fine ever since. My issue was that it would not fire the second round some times. Good Luck in your decision.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
huntingbeaver said:
HighCountry66 said:

what he said

look hard, and you'll find the old 'b' gun -- other finds are ithaca/SKB, charles daily(miroku), even marlin 90's
+3
Save a little more money, I've seen new brownings going for $999-$1199 on sale at Cabela's and gander mountain. A year from now you won't remember the extra 3-400 you spent but the gun will still be there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts