The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this rifle today dirt cheap and noticed the black is coming off the barrel and nicks on the wood stock. i was wondering if any one might have an idea of the value. i went to a local gun shop and they offered me $25 for it but seemed REALLY interested in it. and how much would it affect the value if i swapped the stock for a synthetic stock? oh and the seller told me it was from 1937 but i can't seem to find a date on it anywhere!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
My guess is $100-125 retail in very good shape. Maybe more if it is a takedown or has the factory peep sight; or one of the few left hand models.

These were inexpensive and Mosberg made zillions of them. There are very few collectable/valuable Mossbergs. Just too low quality and massive sales numbers.

There usually will not be a date and one made in 1937 might not have a serial number.
I doubt there is anything you could do that would greatly enhance or diminish the $$value.

They are decent plinkers and for shooting a grounhog in the backyard. Just what they were originally made for. they stopped production for WW-2 and never brought that model back, although they made similiar models for decades later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts