The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I made a trade with Moss and I aquired a 12 ga Mossy 500 pump action shotgun.When Stan arrived at my house he even gave me a smoothbore slug barrel free.I hunted with the gun for a few days when a rabbit jumped and I swung and the barrel kept swinging even after I stopped.The weld had actually broken loose where the reciever nut is attatched,leaving me with a club instead of a shotty.I talked to Stan and he offered to make things right,but I felt that it was none of his doings so I would just take it up with Mossberg and see what that got me.I spoke to a young lady on the phone and gave her the serial number from the plain bbl,modified choke that had seen plenty of use.She told me that the barrel was produced in May of 1989.She then told me to send the barrel back to them in c/o her.I mailed the gun just before Christmas and had forgotten about it basically.Tonight I went out back to take trash out and there was a wet beat up box lying in my alley way.I assumed the wind had blew it in as it often does.My wife alertly read the label and lo and behold it was from Mossberg.The kicker is that it had been delivered almost 2 weeks ago and layed outside for anyone to take,THANKS UPS!
..I eagerly opened the box wondering if I had recieved my barrel back with a sorry we couldn't help you letter.Instead I found a brand new Modified barrel with vent rib and the 2 sights with the front being the white globe type.UNBELIEVABLE,WHO knows how many owners thais shotty had seen in her 20 plus years of hunting,but Mossberg still replaced that old beat up barrel and gave me a new one.I know Mossberg is one of the companies you either love or you hate,let me tell you I AINT NO HATER.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Never had a problem with my Mossbergs. Thats all I own. And talk about service cant beat that. Nice to see a company stand behind their product.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Wow thats awesome. Can't beat that at all. I would be heading out to milroy and stop at the UPS office and tell them what happened.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Glad it was still in good shape after being exposed like that for two weeks.
I myself have a few Mossbergs, and glad to hear they have such good service.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Dale Sholder said:
Never had a problem with my Mossbergs. Thats all I own. And talk about service cant beat that. Nice to see a company stand behind their product.
same here, not a single problem ever with my dads mossburg since he bought it new over 20yrs ago. i use it alot and it it is one of the nicest shooting guns I have. what is more impressive its never been torn down before to clean the parts.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To say I'm pleased is a vast understatement.That old barrel wouldn't have made a respectable tomato stake,lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts