The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Mossberg model 695 slug gun and the gun is very inaccurate. I thought it was me , but I was always hitting low when freehand shooting at deer. I have read reviews and they claim that this gun is a nail driver, but I seem to be experiencing the opposite. I talked to a buddy of mine that has one and he had the same issues with and it turns out that the trigger was the problem. It was to tight and when you would go to shoot you would actually pull down on the gun a bit and the end result would be a low shot.

After talking to him about this it is all starting to make some sense now and was wondering if anyone else out there had some of the same issues. I plan on getting the trigger fixed by a gunsmith and getting a better scope for it. Right now I have a simmons shotgun scope, but I plan on getting a 3x9 Leoupold (spelling) shotgun scope for it. I'm just looking for some feedback to see if anyone else had any issues with 695. If so what was wrong and did fixing it correct the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts