The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering picking one of these shotguns up in 20ga for my 7 year old daughter. Total length is 34" and has and 18 1/2" barrel. Also has a modular stock to accomdate smaller shooters. They are smaller than the Mossberg 500 Super Bantam according to the specs.
Just wondering if any of you gentlemen have any experience with the 510 Mini?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i actually seen one of these a few days ago at a local shop
nice and light , would even make a good home defense weapon

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I bought the super bantam for my 10 year old and he loves it. The only issue I have is that ejecting shells seems a little hard to do. If the mini is anything like the super bantam, I would check that out.
For now, I am chalking this up to it being new..

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought one for my 9 year old daughter in the 20 ga turkey thug. A really nice little gun and shoots really well. She wants me to put a red dot on it for her.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Bone Collector:

Could you provide any info on how it patterned and with what shells? Thanks so much

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called all over, can't locate one. My cousin has a FFL and he tried the local distribution center (which supplies the whole part of the state), no luck. I looked on gunbroker and didn't see any listed either. Possibly discontinued?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Our dicks sporting goods in york county has a 510 its the one in the west end ,maybe if you have a dicks near you they could ship it there

·
Registered
18,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On Dick's website they only list a .410 not a 20ga however. I'll have to check.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I recently won a handgun from Duke's sporting goods in New Castle. I didn't need the caliber so they let me trade it for equal value in the store. I was able to get a Mossberg 500 youth 20g for my son in camo. It is a sweet little gun and I would recommend it. Only weird thing with it was the first time we went to shoot it you couldn't load a shell into the tube. I popped out the dowel rod and it was the longest one I ever saw. We cut it to the same size as the dowel rod in my 835 and now you can load 2 in the tube and 1 in the chamber no problem. They are sweet little guns and come with different recoil pads to add on or take off to adjust the length. good luck with your search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts