The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a thumbhole stock to replace the walnut stock on my Mossberg 4x4. The only site I have found is Boyds stocks. The stocks that Boyds offers are made to fit Mossbergs ATR line of rifles and I cannot get a straight answer from Boyds if it will fit the 4x4 models.

Anyone know of any other manufacturers i can try?

Also, I havent found anyone that has a positive thing to say about Mossbergs 4x4 lineup. I have been using my 7mm Rem Mag for 3 season now and have never had a problem, and it shoots great. Any other experiences?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Richards Microfit, I have heard mixed results about them, but worth a try at least.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I looked at Richards Microfit and see that all of their stocks come unfinished. Im hoping to find something finished and ready for me to just swap stocks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Stockys only has one to fit Mossberg shotguns, not the rifle line.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I bought a Mossberg 4x4 30-06 off a friend cheap because he needed money. Shoots straight and is reliable. Only thing I don't like is there is a muzzle brake on the end, make's it loud. But the gun is a shooter.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Had one in .06 and before I sold it fired a sub moa 3 shot group at 100 yards. I was using Rem 180 corelokts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts