The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moss. 500

I picked up a full rifled barrel for my mod. 500 12 ga.I have no idea which way to go with ammo.Could some mod. 500 owners suggest a good,accurate slug for ths gun?Does anybody hand load slugs?Lee makes a couple slug moulds.

·
Registered
25,493 Posts
Re: Moss. 500

Mine shoots 2-3/4" Lightfields very well.

·
Registered
861 Posts

I shoot the Winchester Super-X BRI sabots 3 inch. My gun shoots them very well.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts

I shoot 2 3/4" winchester supremes. They are the 385 gr Nolser partition. I never tried anything else out of mine. Never had a reason. The deer I shot this past year at 102 yards didn't much care for it though.

·
Registered
25,493 Posts

I'm too much of a sissyboy to fire any 3" slugs in my M500. Did one, that was plenty for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts

i just got a barrel for my 500 too. i picked up some hornady 2 3/4" 300 gr. to try out. anyone use them? the bax says they are 2000 fps. ill probably try a few others too.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

those hornadys shot well from my gun but i'm not impressed by their business end. the Hastings slugs though...they are NIIIIICE. I may muster up enough shoulder this summer to put a group on paper for you guys. there's alot of smack talk about slug performance, but if I were YOU, i'd buy one box of each slug out there, and shoot a target with each FULL box. whichever shoots best, and one will...go buy that whole lot of shells and never buy ammo again. Just my $.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts