The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a Buddy who turned in a 33lb female at the club, he said he was # 84 Sunday afternoon and a 52lb male and a 44lb female was top dog so far He shot his yote Sat. night in Mercer Co. and said the cold was brutal, but the snow pack made it nice for viewing also the use of his new night vision equipment made it nice as well. Said he saw a big male among some others, but it would not come into range and he could not get a clean shot..

Anybody else get out over the weekend? With the addition of night vision optics legal this season you would think there would be more coyotes taken this year. But the brutal cold weather may cause some to stay home. or not stay out as long....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I hunted almost all night Thursday, Friday and Saturday using HD19A thermal scanner. Saw one for sure on Friday night, no shot, and heard several more. Saw 4-5 Saturday night, no shots, and heard several more groups. Terrible conditions. At the mercy of where you can park a truck and get off the road without walking on/in the 12-18” of snow. I would expect the turn in to be pretty low this year

·
Registered
21,136 Posts
it took me 20-25 minutes to walk to a spot that takes 5 minutes with no, to little snow. that knee deep stuff just kills ya. i did manage a red fox at 11:35 on Saturday night, just under the wire. :)
i wasnt hearing any yotes, no tracks, less snow as i traveled to crawford county to get away from the snowmobilers and the red just wanted to say hello..PFFT.hello (thats what my suppressed 223 said)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My buddy saw this on Facebook. Apparently someone’s trailer hitch rack full of coyotes fell off in Sheffield yesterday and someone moved it off to the side of the road. I would have to imagine it was someone from around Erie heading to the mosquito creek check in!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah nothing against the hound hunters, but they definitely have the advantage, and I’ve often wondered if everyone in the group registers. We usually register 5-6 hunters and hunt in 2 or 3 man teams. On the years where we get 10-12 guys registered, we’ll do daylight drives through the thick stuff.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Wow talk about bad publicity for predator hunters!

...first off..what Einstein would think that cheap aluminum rack would hold all that weight?...and who made the decision to use that rack instead of putting them in the vehicle bed or inside(done it..not very pleasant)

second...no respect to cover them.

third.. karma.

Many hunts demand and make it a rule that NO coyotes are to be visible upon transportation to weigh in location.
This will only be the beginning...

·
Registered
376 Posts
My buddy saw this on Facebook. Apparently someone’s trailer hitch rack full of coyotes fell off in Sheffield yesterday and someone moved it off to the side of the road. I would have to imagine it was someone from around Erie heading to the mosquito creek check in!
Definitely not a good look in this political charged environment even if everyone of these coyotes were harvested legally which I'm sure they were.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts