The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a mosin 7.62x54r rifle and 100 rounds of ammo.
Can anyone tell me if the russian spent brass is capable of being reloaded. I have been told conflicting statements. Some say because the original casings have corossive primers they can not.
Any help?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All my ammo is magnetic. Looks like I can not reload.
Does anyone have spent 7.62x54r non steel shells they want to unload?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Graff & Son has new unprimed Nagant brass for sale at $38.99 a hundred-$185.20 for 500 and$350.91 for 1000 rds. $5.95 shipping if internet ordered, $7.95 if by phone.

www.grafs.com

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
OK, I just got theor catalog yesterday and it didn't indicate they were out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
a lot of loaded / milsurp 7.62x54r is berdan primed instead of the boxer primers we're accustomed to (even some that is brass cased). two options for excellent brass are norma and lapua. both make 7.62x54r and midway is currently showing each in stock. its pricey, but should last for many reloads.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Watch out if using milsurp ammo- much of the communist block stuff is corrosive. Corrosive ammo requires a different cleaning process- Hoppe's #9 won't get thecorrosive salts out.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
richdeerht said:
Watch out if using milsurp ammo- much of the communist block stuff is corrosive. Corrosive ammo requires a different cleaning process- Hoppe's #9 won't get thecorrosive salts out.

Always did for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts