The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondered if anyone had tips for morning hunts. My buddy and I were going to head out tomorrow morning and wasn't sure how we should set up. We have pine thickets, strip mined fields,Cut agricultural fields, and Spoil piles looking down into the hollow but we weren't sure which would be good for mornings. If any one has tips for these sets for both red and grey fox and yotes please help us out, Thanks Hunter

·
Registered
927 Posts
I got a red thursday morning setup in a feild i was sittin 15 ft from the tree line to my right and it was sitting on the samme edge watching my decoy so i shot it. about 930 am there was frost... i think anyplace where you find them at night they wwill be in the morning, not positive because that was my first early morning try ever. although this feild was surronded by thick brush and pines and thats where it came from. good luck

·
Registered
927 Posts
I didnt hardly scout that spot just once walked through on another day, i didbt see any tracks or scat but you just assune they are there because of the habitat. i day just go, find a place you can see well and start calling, if nothing shows up walk a 1/4 mile and do it agian. the only thing about hunting in the light compared to night is i find it much easier to spot tuem at night while scanning. if you dont have that advantage in daylight you halfto watch much more closly... i belive that fox i shot had been sitting there a while i had not called in abot 10-15 min and i was about to leave when i barley spotted it at about 75y verry hard to see and i did not see it come in even thought it was in plain sight basicly.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yea i meant to go this morning too, 630 and i was like yeaaa no thanks, haha like i said that was the first morning i had gone out... for good reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts