The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to keep the dew of the plastic windshield on the ranger when parked outside overnight?
It's a pain to wipe it off and always afraid of scratching the plastic.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Throw a plastic tarp over it. Rain X spray may also help it run off better

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Any way to keep the dew of the plastic windshield on the ranger when parked outside overnight?
It's a pain to wipe it off and always afraid of scratching the plastic.
I have a full windshield myself It's very frustrating coming out at 530am and your windshield is frosted over or heavy dew.. I'm about to take mine off. no issues in the summer.. but cold frosty damp mornings in the Fall it's horrible.. only heated air will dry it out..

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It won't help with dew or frost , but if you do inevitably scratch up the plastic or polycarbonate windshield , standard old Pledge furniture polish will have the view looking through the windshield like new again . Best part is that Pledge is cheap and found in almost every store .

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It won't help with dew or frost , but if you do inevitably scratch up the plastic or polycarbonate windshield , standard old Pledge furniture polish will have the view looking through the windshield like new again . Best part is that Pledge is cheap and found in almost every store .
pledge doesn't leave a oily residue ? I can testify rainX doesn't work on plastic. it's just pan ole moisture forming cold air warm surface

I use a rubber squeegee to remove most of it. then a dry soft towel..

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Guys at camp park their's under a pavilion and never heard them complain about it? Not all have windshields however.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Cover with a tarp or blanket........
If you don't,and you scratch it, just put a coat of wax on it.........looks like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts