The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent found any in the spots that i usually do and was wondering with the recent rain if the chance is still there or if it is to late already to find them. Any advice would be great

·
Registered
140 Posts
I finally found some this afternoon. 4 big yellows and they were in good shape. This was in Somerset county.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would say keep checking.I have found them this year in spots I never have before and found none in my best spots. I think we still have some season left and will be out looking hard this weekend.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I'd say they'll be still poppin' up for the next week to two weeks at most. will be checking my area out this week/weekend.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Heading out here in a bit. with the rain that's been coming through, I think more will be poppin' up here in the next week or so.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Man.. what a bust it was... my main prime area thats good EVERYYEAR for BIG ONES, ones as big as your hand.. well genearlly I find them about 2nd week in May. went today and my gosh is the grasses and just brush grown up! It was at the point where I'd expect it to be late may-June. I only found 2 that were schriveled up. Clearly this spot either grew up with brush before the morels could pop, or i'm just late this year! Still gonna go back and look in another week to make sure though...

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had the same thing as you with two of my best spots. All grown up and only a few small past prime ones last time I checked. I checked periodically since early April, and those were the only ones to come up. Might just be a bad year.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I've found the same in all my good spots. I'm thinking it's a bad year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts