The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have more than one of the same-model gun, including slight variations?

For example, I love the Rem. Model 7. It was my first hunting rifle and everytime I see a different version of it, for example stainless/laminated, I have to tell myself I don't need it.

Is having multiples silly?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I've got multiples, but it in different calibers or gauges. For example, I've got an 870 in 12 gauge, 20 gauge and .410. Actually 2 in 12 gauge.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I love it! Adam, which 7's do you have? To me, each wood stock coloration in a different caliber is necessary, lol.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Adam K said:
Model 7s and Model 760s for me. I wish they made a gum to cure the 760 addiction
Awww shucks. They do make a cure. Just find a well balanced, accurate bolt gun and youll be over the 760 in a jiffy!

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Yeh, but there's just something about carrying a nice little 760 carbine out there that really sets the mood for deer hunting...Has nothing to do with fast "repeat" shooting.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Not much better than the allure of the classic Amish Machinegun! I never handled a 760 that didn't "feel" good!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Deer Hunter said:
Haha, I love it! Adam, which 7's do you have? To me, each wood stock coloration in a different caliber is necessary, lol.
I have 2 7mm08's one stainless one blued, both synthetic. A wood and blued 223 and a wood and blued .243.

I have 4 760 carbines in 30-06, a 270 carbine, 3 308 carbines, and a 6mm. I think I just found another 270 carbine too, still waiting on that miracle cure.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts