The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the fourth or fifth time in the past few years, I've gotten an email about Target stores snubbing veterans, refusing to carry health insurance for employees called-up for reserve service, etc.

The email also says "Snopes verified" in the header.

Here's the actual Snopes.com skinny on the subject:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

I mention it here, because it is relative to the number of false claims and accusations this forum has to deal with on a fairly regular basis.

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
675 Posts
+ 1
And not just on this forum, and not just this retailer.
"I mention it here, because it is relative to the number of false claims and accusations this forum has to deal with on a fairly regular basis."
Roland
"happy holidays"

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
why would anyone care if target didnt offer health care when a reservist is activated? when activated a reservist/guardsman recieves health care under TRICARE for him/her and dependants in full coverage and cost dang near nothin.

its a good thing my didnt read the rumors about TARGET. she would probably kill the person that started the rumors, she loves TARGET. lol
wow! that gay and lesbian thing is so funny and random. who would seriously make a claim like that? haha

good post dennyF.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Some of those reservists have families that might be relying on that health insurance.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i know, that is what "dependants" means. it is given to any reservist that is activated to include "dependants" (like i stated).

·
Registered
579 Posts
I STILL WOULD NOT SHOP AT A TARGET STORE, THEY ARE ANTI GUN AND HUNTING, >>> DO YOU SEE A SPORTING GOOD SECTION OTHER THAN STICK AND BALL TYPE CRAPP AT ANY TARGET>>>>NO

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
As far as I know Target has never carried guns or hunting equipment, nothing that says a store must. Now the ones that did and stopped doing so because of pressure from antis, those I have a problem with..

·
Registered
20,235 Posts
chopper57 said:
I STILL WOULD NOT SHOP AT A TARGET STORE, THEY ARE ANTI GUN AND HUNTING, >>> DO YOU SEE A SPORTING GOOD SECTION OTHER THAN STICK AND BALL TYPE CRAPP AT ANY TARGET>>>>NO
ACME, Giant, PathMart don't sell guns or hunting supplies....unless you count things to eat in the woods yet you still go to one of those right?
I never saw a Target sell hunting supplies, but like already mentioned Wal-Mart use to sell guns, ammo and hunting clothes but stopped due to pressure and fear of being involved in a deep pocket law suite.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Name one department store that sells firearms and ammo in PA, why would you expect to find firearms at Target, unless the name fooled you.

·
Registered
25,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Walmart is probably about the only chain "department" store that still sells firearms and ammo. Our local Kmart still has ammo, but their firearms disappeared long ago.

I believe Boscov's quit some years ago? I bought a milsurp rifle at their Shamokin Dam store some years ago, on the way to camp, because the Camp Hill store had sold out of them.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
it would be tough to find any employer to carry healthcare for active employee. they are fully covered as explained.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts