The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
this year was my first with a flintlock. i got out wednesday night and thursday night for less than 4 hours total. i figured id better do it because i wont get to on saturday. im new to black powder this year and i dont want to deal with wet powder yet. i sat down next to a field wed. and had 4 does come out at about 6:30 @ 50-75yrs but i couldnt see my sights good enough anymore.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm going to try to get out with pops this afternoon if the rain isn't too bad, gonna try for tomorrow morning too, but it's looking like a washout.....

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Don't get too worried about it yet....I took today off to hunt and told my wife once the monsoon gets here I'll quit hunting and start on some chores...Rain starts around Noon with wind..so I climb down and come home.

It is now 3:40 and things aren't bad at all, haven't been much of anything since about 1:30
, last time I listen to what the weatherman says, I try to be nice and score some points on the homefront based off his miserable forecast...and it looks like a great evening here for hunting. Now I am pretty grumpy...

Anyway, I think tomorrow is going to be damp and cloudy, but I am not betting on the rain this time. Wife can hunt for two hours in the AM, the boy for a few , but ME I ain't coming in at all!!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
watch the trend of the barometer and how the storm is traveling, can the currents push it here or there. you can come up with your own 12 hour prediction thats a lot more accurate.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Of course I got up this morning and it was pouring, so I went back to sleep. Now it is not raining. Good call on my part. If it were not for bad decisions. I would never make any at all.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I hunted near Corry on Friday in the pouring rain. I connected with a doe at 5pm. Drove back to Williamsport during Saturday's monsoon....man what a gulley washer !

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After noon on Saturday, the sun came out so I went out. Actually a littlle on the warm side. Saw 1, but missed it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts