The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year we got the yard about covered in green vegetation of some sorts-well is was mostly green by fall anyhow. This year we start the trees and other bushes/shrubs.

Anyone know of good sapling suppliers for cherry, apple, pear, and maybe peach trees? Not looking to drive more than an hour from Tyrone PA.

Also going to put up some grape vines- any type better than another? Grapes will be more for eating than making wine.

Should I plant similar species near one another or spread them out some?

Thanks for lookin All

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have really had good luck with Millers Nursery in upper New York (finger lakes area,) get their cataloge or phone them, I will look up their number if you are interested, they will replace any trees for a year, they will gladly give you planting advise and answer any questions they ship anything you want to your door and the trees are really nice. I have apple,plum,pear,cherry and peach. great people and you get great results. prices are real good also. In case you have not guessed I am a real fan. But service and quality is hard to beat. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked them out. Thx for the info looks like a reputable company.

Any others nurseries anyone has had good luck with, is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Check out Carino nursery they are PA. They have a webpage. If they can't help you directly I would trust any of their suggestions.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Boyers is topnotch guaranted bareroot stock they will ship. Do it as soon as you can the sooner you get them in the ground the better. Boyers will be a bit farther than 1hr from Tyrone if you decide to drive.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again all! Want to plant soon but the crutches are setting me WAY behind this spring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts