The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KodaBow is commencing operations this month with an initial product platform built on solid rail crossbow designs and aerospace level machined components. KodaBow's first new product, the Bob Walker Signature Edition Crossbow, can be seen at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, beginning Jan. 19.

All major components are manufactured in Pennsylvania including limbs, a proprietary patent protected trigger group that provides high accuracy features and includes dry fire protection, ergonomic safety and a user-friendly decocking mechanism. Other key features are military grade accessory components, a high energy storage limb design and innovative Picatinny rail configuration.

Burgess said she toured KodaBow's plant last month and saw the company's new product line, and what she said were "the impressive manufacturing and engineering capabilities.

"We are extremely excited to be working with the KodaBow team on PR and marketing communications," she said. "Our LBM group met with the KodaBow principals including Chuck Matasic, who we have worked with in the past and know very well from his time at Sigarms in Exeter, N.H., where he was president of that company well known for its premier handgun products."

Some features of the Koda:
Patented CFT ™Trigger (Cam Following Trigger) ....... or our integrated SRT™ (Solid Rail Technology) Modular Core Platform which is a lightweight, noise reduced and a convenient way to customize and add accessories. When we developed limb technology, we integrated new applications of physics to store and release energy. Limbs with Dynamic Flex Energy Storage (DFES ™) which is our proprietary dual limb configuration.

For information on KodaBow, visit http://www.kodabow.com.

I can't wait to test this bow.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Sure looking forward to you getting your hands on one here shortly, Arrowhead. Can't wait for your impressions. Update us please when you get the chance.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit, what interests me the most it the statement "Limbs with Dynamic Flex Energy Storage (DFES ™) which is our proprietary dual limb configuration". That sounds VERY interesting.
Hey DPMS, do you think it will come in black...or carbon fiber?

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Just looked at their website again. They put up a drawing which looks to have a AR-15 type features with the collapsable stock and trigger. If this thing is shorter than the PSE Tac line and has a price that is within reach of most, could be very interesting.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing that the "dual limb configuration"....means it is much shorter than the TAC line. Of course, that is simply a guess, and only a guess. We will know for sure very soon.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have two pictures of the Kodabow that is going to Vegas, but I can't show you till tomorrow!

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Interesting!! Thanks for posting. Any specs? Trying to figure out what's going on with the limb tips.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any specs. Just was able to get these pictures before it left for Vegas. I think the thing with the limb tips is allowing full string travel which is taking advantage of the full power of the limbs.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't appear to be as wide as some recurve models I've seen. Lots of interesting design on the bow. Recessed screws, thin limbs, Hawke optics, lightweight barrel and string stoppers. Especially like the serial number and the Made in the USA label.

·
Registered
615 Posts
thats a good looking bow!!!!!!!! very smart design ....4 limbs for storage of energy and a recurve design! i think this will shoot good! does anyone know if there flat nocks or half moon? 20" or 22" bolt?

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Hoepfully more info to come after the Shot Show. Looks to be narrow for a recurve design. Something is going on with the limb tips too? Some kind of mechanical assist on the end???

·
Registered
615 Posts
looks like a bow that i need! made in the USA too!made in PA better! the limbs seem to be just capped? without a wheel in there they need something to keep the limbs square? or maybee stronger so the pin dosnt torque the limbs?

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
adudeuknow said:
i dont think that thing is good looking at all....
I agree, too AR looking for me. I wish Koda was gonna make something close to what Excal makes, especially the Exocet 200. Well, at least it is locally made

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm guessing that the black limb tip is to keep the limbs square and force the power down farther into the limb. If that black peice is solid, it's going to force the limb towards the riser to store more energy, when it's at full draw. Maybe??
It looks like it will act as a fulcrum.
Fulcrum, the support about which a lever pivots.
Of course, I'm just guessing......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts