Registered
1,895 Posts
I heard 87 percent.

·
Banned
994 Posts
DIYASUB said:
"72% of gun owners want all sorts of background checks and registration"

We've been hearing that number being thrown around a lot lately.
Lets take a closer look at where it's coming from;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/5/miller-democratic-front-group-hyped-hunters-media-/
Please show where anyone stated 72% of gun owners want registration.

Not just liberal deception. Here are numbers you say are being "thrown around". They come from a respected republican pollster.

http://gunshowtrader.com/news/new-poll-o...nra-leadership/

·
Administrator
28,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JerrySS said:
DIYASUB said:
"72% of gun owners want all sorts of background checks and registration"

We've been hearing that number being thrown around a lot lately.
Lets take a closer look at where it's coming from;

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/5/miller-democratic-front-group-hyped-hunters-media-/
Please show where anyone stated 72% of gun owners want registration.

Not just liberal deception. Here are numbers you say are being "thrown around". They come from a respected republican pollster.

http://gunshowtrader.com/news/new-poll-o...nra-leadership/
You're welcome to present the results of whatever polls you'd like, but it's up to the reader to decide which polls are accurate.
In regards to the "respected republican" pollster you've chosen, I dont know how much we can believe when it states in his WIKI Bio " Luntz's description of his job revolves around exploiting the emotional content of language. "It's all emotion. But there's nothing wrong with emotion. When we are in love, we are not rational; we are emotional." "...my job is to look for the words that trigger the emotion." "We know that words and emotion together are the most powerful force known to mankind..".
Of course we all know that pollsters can get whatever results they wish by manipulating the way the questions are worded. It's up to the individual to accept or reject the results.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Liberals always lie and deceive...cause they liberals know if the truth got out, they would not win a general election

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
People keep electing liberals, you get liberal control laws thought through by liberals.
They want gun control but haven't figured out how to register those with mental problems. How they criminalize mental problems and doctors that treat them is the problem. But that is the problem with those who want control.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Don't you just love it when someone who calls themselves a gun owner says it is ok to own guns but on their terms and because they really have no articulable reason they throw out polls to support their weak reasons. Now t comes out the one of the head gun grabbers, Feinstein, has been making money on the sale of firarms for years. Liberals are liars and decievers, I question if anyone who comes here and their first post is favor of gun control is a gun owner at all.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
None of us want to see guns in the hands of the mentally ill that would use them to harm others.

The gun grbbers spin this fact to claim most gun owners, NRA members, etc, support "comprehensive" or "universal" background checks.

Common sence tells those of us who own guns and support the 2A that since their is no real definition of "comprehensive" or "universal" background checks, How can the gun grabbers say we support them?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
One thing is for sure, since the criminals won't be undergoing a universal background check, it will not be universal or comprehensive! How can the gun grabbers say we support them? They like as easily as taking a breath.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
A liberal minded person recently told me that just because someone isn't a criminal yet...they should not be able to own a firearm because of that.

I think that describes where those in power want it to go. Universal checks is an important step toward that goal.

·
Super Moderator
12,783 Posts
"Members of AWCP tell me that Bull Moose has been denied entry into their organization because it refused to reveal its mysterious funding sources."

If believe there is a message in that quote....

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I saw on one of the news stations last week that a recent poll said there was a drop in support for more gun restrictions compared to shortly after the Sandy Hook tragedy. I don't remember who did the poll or what the drop was, but the gun grabbrs claimed it was because the public is starting to forget what happened.

Personnly I find their opinion of the public condescending and insulting.

I think it's because the public is starting to see that the anti-gun laws that the gun grabbers want to pass would do nothing to prevent another tragedy.

·
Banned
994 Posts
You're welcome to present the results of whatever polls you'd like, but it's up to the reader to decide which polls are accurate.
Or does everyone only decide to believe in polls that agrees with their view.

The irony is incredible. I provide a link to a pro-gun website that provides poll results from a republican strategist and Fox news contributor and all everyone can do is blame it on liberals. I guess facts are not important.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts